Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Review: The Cottony One

Somewhat recently I have discovered Tom Daley's yarn made in partnership with Lion Brand, called the Made With Love The Cottony One yarn.

In the color Silver Medal

This yarn is made out of a combination of cotton and acrylic, 60% and 40% respectively.  A skein of Made With Love The Cottony One comes as a 100g ball equalling 185 yards of yarn.  With 12 different shades: Lychee White, Over the Moon, Indigo For It, Red Red Wine, Marvellous Mushroom, Hot Cocoa, Olive Twist, Primrose Hill, Silver Medal, Pewter Pan, Gold Medal, and Flaming Amber.  Many of these colors are in the more neutral category, I like the majority of the colors, of course much of this is my personal preference.

I found this yarn so easy to work with.  The way that the yarn is twisted was easy for my crochet hook to use, some yarns split causing my crochet hook to frequently snag on 

Lion Brand is a company whose yarn I use regularly.  I have used and enjoyed their: Bundle of Love, Pound of Love, and Wool-Ease, both the original and Thick & Quick.  All of these yarns have been pleasant to work with and quite soft.

I had been meaning to try out Lion Brand's yarn with Tom Daley for a while before I came across it in Michael's one day and decided to give it a try and instantly fell in love.  Being so easy to work with, quite soft, and creates a sturdy fabric.

Since then I have bought probably 9 or 10 skeins of this.  In the shades: Indigo For It, Red Red Wine, Silver Medal, and Primrose Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment